Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
The IET has continued to closely monitor the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and like many other organisations, our priority is to protect our staff, members, volunteers and everyone we work with.
We are continuing to follow the guidance set out by the UK Government regarding the COVID-19 outbreak. Following the Prime Minister’s briefing on Sunday 10 May, the IET has made the following decisions;
- Both of our venues, IET London: Savoy Place and IET Birmingham: Austin Court will remain closed until the end of June. We will then review the situation and take the necessary actions.
- Any updates prior to this will be posted on our website. Please ensure you check our communications for the latest information.
- The Faraday Centre at Savoy Place and other member facilities will also remain closed, therefore, unfortunately, free room/booth/table bookings can no longer be honoured.
- Our colleagues at Savoy Place and Austin Court will continue to work remotely during the closure period and are available to help with any queries. If you need to contact a member of the team, please email email@example.com for Savoy Place or firstname.lastname@example.org for Austin Court.
- If you were due to attend an IET event in either Savoy Place or Austin Court during the closure period please contact the event organiser for the latest information. IET event customer services can be contacted on email@example.com.
The health and safety of everyone we work with or visits our venues is our priority. We will continue to follow the guidance of the correct authorities and proactively support ongoing efforts to contain the virus.
Support for members
If any members require further support during this time, the IET’s benevolent fund, Foothold is available. If you have an urgent enquiry, please ring +44 (0)20 7344 5498 or e-mail Contact.Us@MyFoothold.org. The helpline is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can visit the Foothold website.