All venues in the IET Venues group are fully committed to reducing their impact on the environment, and as such IET London: Savoy Place is adopting the following approach across all events and office practices.
How are we reducing our environmental impact?
We are working towards accreditation by the Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS).
As part of the refurbishment of IET London: Savoy Place from 2013 – 2015, the IET actively engaged with the Building Research Establishment (BRE) and others to explore current and emerging best practice in sustainable refurbishment.
This engagement has allowed lessons learnt from project experiences at Savoy Place, along with the wider knowledge that the IET has in the Built Environment Sector, to be shared to the benefit of all.
What can you do to help?
Be a responsible visitor - seven things you can do to help save the planet:
- Conserve energy - Reduce energy by switching off lights and closing windows if the heating is on. The Energy Saving Trust provides information on what you can do at home
- Give the car a rest - Walk, cycle or use public transport. See our transport page for directions. We are in a fantastic location within walking distance of major train/tube stations; visit the Transport for London website to plan your journey. Santander Cycles are available for hire nearby (docking stations at Embankment (Savoy) and Somerset House).
- Reduce, reuse and recycle - Try to avoid overly packaged goods and say no to that extra carrier bag. Try to recycle waste you have. Every space in our venue has recycling bins for different materials to support you in this
- Be water wise - please use water wisely. Turn off the tap fully - whether you had turned it on in the first place or not!
- Support Green Tourism Businesses - There are hundreds of businesses trying to reduce their environmental impacts through the GTBS. Businesses are awarded Bronze, Silver or Gold for their efforts to be more environmentally responsible.
Thank you for helping us to be greener.
We are open to suggestions of how to reduce our impact on the environment.