Make the most of the facilities at Savoy Place. From having a coffee to getting your hands on the latest publications, the space has been designed with your needs in mind.
Savoy Place is designed to serve IET members – past, present and future. Use the venue as a base when you need it while making the most of the research and library facilities on hand.
Members now get their own dedicated space, separated from the areas designed for functions, fulfilling our core aims to help members and create an engineering community.
Limited access at IET London: Savoy Place – 17 October 2017
Dear Members, please note that The Faraday Centre, Knowledge Centre and Faraday Kitchen will be closed on 17 October for IET EngFest.
A small lounge will be available in Nuffield and Tesla room on the day for your use. Please also note that the booths and both Ayrton and Hopper Rooms will not be available to book on the 17 October.
We do hope the IET Festival of Engineering will not interrupt your day or cause you any inconvenience.
A home from home and space to work
From refuelling to finding somewhere to work or hold meetings you can do it at Savoy Place.
New facilities for members include:
- Shower rooms and changing locker facilities
- A comfortable lounge area for relaxing or networking with other members
- Complimentary self-service teas and coffees in the Faraday Lounge
- Wireless connectivity throughout the entire building
- Dedicated meeting rooms and meeting booths for members to book free of charge
IET knowledge screenings
Join us for free screenings of recent IET Events in the Kelvin Lecture Theatre. Each screening lasts approximately 90 minutes.
Eating and drinking
As well as menus designed to make you want to linger, there’s an expanded menu in the Faraday Kitchen including high-quality 'grab-and-go' food options for engineers in a hurry. As an IET member you’ll also get the benefit of
- 10% off food in the Faraday Kitchen
- Tea and coffee available in the Faraday Lounge
Knowledge Centre and Library
The Knowledge Centre holds a wealth of valuable information – whether want to carry out research or just drop in and check something.
You'll have access to:
- An enhanced, modern research service providing personalised support to individual members
- 24/7 member online access to over 13,000 full-text books and journals
- A dedicated Archive Centre in Savoy Hill House, including research / archive viewing space for visitors
To make it even more attractive to use the public events space at Savoy Place for conferences, AGMs and entertaining we offer members:
- 20% discounted room hire
Making it easy for you
If you come to use the members’ facilities we want to make your experience as simple and straightforward as possible. To help you, we’ve put in place:
- A reception desk outside the Faraday Centre with IET staff on hand to help with general queries relating to membership and IET services
- Speedy priority access to the Faraday Centre with swipe card digital sign-in
- Dynamic digital signage in the building so you can easily navigate to your event or activity
- Improved, accessible cloakrooms, meetings rooms and general facilities for wheelchair users including a Sesame lift at the entrance