Making your venue show round even more special...
Book and attend an IET Venues show round this December and we’ll donate a Lego® product to a local children’s hospice
Brighten up a child’s day by visiting IET London: Savoy Place. Simply attend a site visit in December 2018 and we will send Lego® product to Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice.
Why visit us?
IET London: Savoy Place is situated in a fantastic location with undeniable ease of access This flagship venue offers competitive rates and a 180-degree vista view over the River Thames from our Johnson Roof terrace. The venue comprises a range of versatile spaces from lecture theatres to exhibition rooms whilst in addition to all these incredible assets, we also display stimulating exhibits inspired by the work of engineers from all around the world. IET London: Savoy Place is the place to be for technology-led events.
Why have we chosen to gift a Lego® product?
Aside from being a bright, colourful, fun toy that children have traditionally enjoyed for years, the IET have a further reason for choosing Lego® products to donate for our December site visit offer this year. FIRST® LEGO® League is a global robotics-based life skills competition, and the IET are proud to be the delivery partners in the UK & Ireland. Students work in teams to design, program and build an autonomous robot whilst also completing a research project and demonstrating the FIRST® LEGO® League Core Values, which include teamwork, problem solving and presentation skills, all of which can be transferred into the work place. FIRST® LEGO® League makes STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects fun and give students the confidence to consider studying them and following careers in engineering in the future.
IET London: Savoy Place welcomes STEM events throughout the year, including IET’s event, EngFest which aims to inspire current and future generations of innovators and engineers. This said we felt that a Lego® product gift would offer fantastic benefits to children at Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice.
Terms and conditions
- This offer is not in conjunction with FIRST® LEGO® League competition
- This offer is valid when a site visit is booked and attended between 1 – 31, December 2018. Site visits cancelled do not qualify for the offer.
- Site visit bookings subject to availability
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other IET Venues offers and is available on a first come, first served basis
- In all matters the decision of the promoter is final and no correspondence shall be entered into
- The promoter of these offers and packages is IET Services. IET Services Limited is registered in England. Registered Office Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL. Registration Number 909719. IET Services Limited is trading as a subsidiary of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, which is registered as a Charity in England & Wales (no 211014) and Scotland (no SC038698)
- IET Services reserves the right to substitute the offer for one of equal or greater value or to end the offer without notice
About Alexander Devine Children's Hospice Service:
Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service provides specialist respite and end of life care for extraordinary children who have life-limiting and life-threatening conditions. Our amazing team of Alexander’s Nurses, Carers and a Play Specialist facilitate this either at the family home, or at our newly-opened, purpose built, Children’s Hospice near Maidenhead – the only facility of its kind in Berkshire. We are currently supporting over 110 families, completely free of charge. We receive no government funding, so we can only continue to operate and grow our service with the support of our community - including wonderful organisations like the IET.